- Raise the beef, “finish” it according to your specifications, and deliver it to a butcher of your choice (within 100 miles of our ranch; additional fee for further distances). If you don’t have a butcher, we can recommend a few.
- Choose how you want your beef finished:
- Grass finishing. Diet consists solely of pasture grass, forage and/or hay. Grass-finished beef is leaner and has a flavor that some describe as “more intense,” or “more mineral.”
- Grain finishing. During the last 30-60 days, the beef’s diet is primarily grain. We feed only all-natural grain with no hormones, no antibiotics, and no animal by-products. Grain-finished beef has more marbling and generally a “sweeter” flavor than grass-finished beef.
- Choose a butcher and complete a form instructing the butcher how to cut and package your beef. Don’t worry if you are unfamiliar with this; we are happy to recommend some butchers and help you complete the form. Choosing the cuts of meats and number of cuts/size of packages that fit your family is one of the great advantages of custom beef!
- Once your beef is ready, pick it up directly from the butcher. We will personally deliver your beef for an additional fee.
Parish Ranch has met the requirements of the IMI Global (Where Food Comes From, Inc.) USDA Process Verified Program for Source Verification, Age Verification, Non-Hormone Treated Cattle, Verified Natural Beef - 6/29/18.